PICAC Beenleigh is our fourth training centre delivered for the Plumbing Industry Climate Action Centre (PICAC) after the Brunswick, Geelong and Narre Warren facilities; and the first outside of Victoria.
The Beenleigh project was delivered via a staged redevelopment and expansion of an existing industrial site, to accommodate the operation of industry educational training.
With a focus on sustainable practices, the warehouse style facilities provide practical training scenarios and interactive displays including water, welding and gas rooms, plant rooms, height & sandpit training, 6-star house and fire protection.
Opened in late 2019, the Beenleigh facility is designed to deliver leading edge training in the trade sectors of sanitary plumbing, fire protection and mechanical services (air-conditioning). Beenleigh sits in a significant growth corridor between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
The facility accommodates 400 – 500 fire protection and plumbing apprentices, 100 mechanical services or HVAC apprentices and 100 pre-apprenticeship trainees.
PICAC Beenleigh offers students the opportunity to utilise state of the art facilities including:
– An in-ground drainage and trench shoring training sand pit
– Three-level training tower, simulating three high rise building levels
– Plumbing and Mechanical Services training facilities
– 14-stationed valve room with various valve types for service, test and maintain training
– Purpose-built fire protection training bays
– Gaseous fire suppression systems training room
– Functional electronic and diesel pumps installation for maintenance and live testing training
– Functional control indication panels and warning alarm training area
– Advanced welding facilities
– Safety and High Risk Licence training areas for forklift, EWP under/over 11m, working at heights and on roofs, and boom lift training